Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Antique Wind-Up Whiskey Bunny

A few years ago i was browsing around a NYC flea market spot on 6th Ave on a Saturday afternoon. There was this antique toy dealer there and the only thing that caught my eye instantly was this wacky wind-up bunny. When he was wound up, his tail would spin like crazy and he would pour his bottle into his shot glass and swig the glass like a shot of whiskey. I had to have him!
BUT. He was $120. So unfortunately i passed. Upon returning home i ran right to ebay to see if there was another around and guess what? $15 and NO bid and it was up that same day. Fuck yehh!!
Of course i got him. I inspected for any maker markings but i couldn't find any. But Ive had him in my prized curio cabinet since and every now and then i'll have him do a shot for me since i no longer drink. I love him.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool bunny! I like the antique typewriter in the background.

    ReplyDelete